Loki-Schmidt-Garten Life for botany
The Loki-Schmidt-Garten awakens the child in all those who are inspired by the amazing plant species.
Strictly speaking, Hamburg’s botanical garden can be visited at two locations. A greenhouse is still located in its original location in today's “Planten un Blomen”. The actual garden with the large outdoor area was newly created in Osdorf at the end of the 1970s. On 23 October 2012, this “New Botanical Garden” was renamed in honour of Hannelore “Loki” Schmidt.
Short & Sweet
- For whom Families, all Hamburg visitors
- How to get there By public transport (S1 to Klein Flottbek)
- Tip A printed garden guide can be found at the gatehouse
- Time required 1 to 2 hours
- Must-do Extended walk
- Food Tray bake with cream and a hot cup of tea at Café Palme