Theatre & Directions
Theater im Hafen
For the perfect arrival
Even the way to the theatre in the harbour is a special experience: Visitors to the musical Disneys DER KÖNIG DER LÖWEN are taken by special ferries from the Landungsbrücken across the Elbe to the venue before they can immerse themselves in the magical world of the musical. In addition to the maritime atmosphere and the impressive music and dance performances of the musical troupe, the theatre also offers an art collection with over 50 exhibits by North German and international artists. The theatre also has an exclusively equipped skyline restaurant where musical guests can indulge in culinary delights while enjoying the beautiful view from Hamburg's panorama.
- By public transport / HVV S1 and S3 to the Landungsbrücken stop. Underground line U3 to the Landungsbrücken stop (not barrier-free).
- By boat Departure regularly from St. Pauli Landungsbrücken/Brücke 1 from two hours before the performance or for afternoon shows from one hour before the performance. The last ferry will return to the Landungsbrücken 1.5 hours after the performance. Please use only the ships with the illuminated sign "HADAG Musical Shuttle Service", not all ships go to the theatre.
- By car (A7 from south or north) exit Waltershof/Hafen, turn right into Finkenwerder Straße, turn left onto Köhlbrandbrücke. Follow the road Köhlbrandbrücke, Roßdamm. Behind the Ellerholzbrücke turn left into Reiherdamm. Continue over the Argentina bridge, follow Reiherdamm and then turn right into Nordersand.
- By car (A1 from the south or west) From the A1 take the A255 towards Hamburg-Centrum. Behind the Elbbrücken follow the signs to the right. Turn right into Baakenwerder Straße. After approx. 30 m turn right into Versmannstraße. Follow Versmannstraße, Freihafen-Elbbrücke, Rampenstraße, Am Saalehafen, Veddeler Damm. After approx. 4 km turn right towards Steinwerder into Reiherdamm. Continue over the Argentina bridge, follow Reiherdamm and then turn right into Nordersand.
- Parking on site at a charge (flat rate 6.00 € for 6 hours).
- Entrance 1,5 hours before show starts
- Important security information Please plan to be at the theatre approximately one hour before the performance in order to avoid longer waiting times at the security checkpoint and to ensure that you can take your seat in peace.