Hamburg has many large churches - but only one "Michel": On its platform 106 metres high, there is a fabulous (and breezy) view of Hamburg, the port and the surrounding countryside - one that should not be missed!
After a chequered history - it has been rebuilt three times between 1641 and 1912 and was completely destroyed twice - St. Michaelis Church today offers an informative multimedia presentation on the 2nd floor of the tower: In the "HamburgHIStory" , over 1,000 years of Hamburg's history are presented with commentary on a 5-metre panoramic screen: It gives an impression of Hamburg's good and bad days. On 14 March 2011, the Michel celebrated its 350th birthday.
On its platform 106 metres high, there is a fabulous (and breezy) view of Hamburg, the port and the surrounding countryside – a "must"! Anyone who wants to experience this "workout" can choose the stairs - which includes a look at the bells. But this experience can still be improved upon: Postpone it until the evening! The lift is mandatory at that time, but the breathtaking views of the Hanseatic city at night with classical background music tops every visit to Hamburg - literally. Sophisticated concerts and impressive church services impress in the interior, while the classical "horn playing in the tower" follows the old traditions. The 360 ° panoramic view of the city centre, the harbour with HafenCity and Speicherstadt, the Reeperbahn and the DOM - or Köhlbrandbrücke, the Alster, arenas and airport is already a special treat during the day! But seen from St. Michaelis church by night it is a completely different experience!
Hamburg CARD Discount
- Adults €5.00, owners of Hamburg CARD € 4.00
- Children €3.50, owners of Hamburg CARD € 2.50
- Adults €4.00, owners of Hamburg CARD € 3.00
- Children €2.50, owners of Hamburg CARD € 1.50
Combined price tower & crypt:
- Adults €7.00, owners of Hamburg CARD € 6.00
- children €4.00, owners of Hamburg CARD € 3.00
- for owners of HamburgCard, Youth Pass, severely disabled, pensioners, students, the unemployed, groups of 10 persons as well as families with at least three children
Short & Sweet
- For whom All Hamburg visitors
- How to get there by public transport (U3 or bus)
- What not to miss Not only impressive from the outside, go in too!
- Length of stay 1-2 hours
- Tip The best view of Hamburg is from the Michel