Rendezvous mit Heidschnucken
- Excursions & Hikes
Please note: It is possible that an event has been cancelled but is still listed on this website. For the latest information about cancelations or postponements please check the organizer’s website.
Rendezvous with Heidschnucken
Experience our four-legged landscape carers up close .....
On our Heidschnuckenhof in Niederohe the Heidschnucken attitude still has tradition. For centuries, the Heidschnucken are led every day of the year on the nearby heathland, where they perform their valuable service for the care of our landscape. Experience one of the last protected Heidschnucken herds up close to the entrance to their ancestral home in Niederohe, in the middle of the Südheide Nature Park. Find out in a one-hour open-air seminar under old court oaks everything worth knowing about the Heidschnucken attitude and - breeding earlier at the time of the Heidebauernwirtschaft and today. In front of the beautiful scenery of our farm, you can taste homemade pancake specialties. By the way: our rendezvous with the Heidschnucken is also ideally suited for hikers on the Heidschnuckenweg, because our farm is only about 200 meters away from the Heidschnuckenweg. In 2014, the long-distance hiking trail was voted Germany's most beautiful hiking trail.
• Dates: Saturdays, 03.08. as well as 17.08.-28.09.2019 and Friday, 09.08.2019
• Start: 16:30
• Duration: approx. ¾ - 1 hour
• Price: adults 3,50 pp, children (5-12 years) 2,00 pp
• Meeting point: Heidschnuckenhof Niederohe, Niederohe 5, 29328 Faßberg
• Contact and registration: Tourist Information Müden (Örtze), Unterlüßer Str. 5, 29328 Müden (Örtze) 05053/989222, by appointment only.
• Guided tour guide: Ute Leimcke-Kuhlmann
• Organizer: Verkehrsverein Müden (Örtze)
No liability is assumed for the correctness of the data.