The Theater für Kinder in Hamburg has been providing first-class entertainment for the smallest theatre fans for over 50 years.
The Theater für Kinder was founded by Uwe Deeken on 27 February 1968 and was the first private children's theatre in Germany. Adaptations of well-known drama and opera classics for visitors from 5 years of age and music theatre for visitors from 3 years of age thus introduce young and youngest people to the medium of theatre.
However, the Theater für Kinder is not only home to numerous premieres and first performances (Astrid Lindgren, Ottfried Preußler, Paul Maar, Michael Ende and others). It is particularly proud to bring classical operas closer to its youngest audiences.
According to its founder Uwe Deeken (2008): "Theater für Kinder has made it its business to offer theatre as an art form to young audiences. This means that the art of acting is merged with stage design, costumes, light, music and poetry to form a unity - in the highest quality".
In the future, too, the diversity of the theatre is to be rediscovered again and again and surprising and enriching worlds of art experience are to be opened up to children.
Short & Sweet
- This much time must be 2 to 3 hours
- Directions S-Bahn to Hamburg-Altona (5 min. walk) or bus to Gerichtsstraße (1 min. walk)
- Gastronomy Theatre hall connected with the Bistro Foyer
- Near by Bäderland Mainland
- Only here acting and opera classics and musicals for children from 3 years
- Tip Here you can celebrate children's birthdays excellently