Arrival by Car
Hamburg is accessible via four highways and national roads
Parking in Hamburg
From western Germany, the A1 leads directly to Hamburg. The A7 leads from southern Germany through the middle of the country past Hamburg. Coming from Berlin, take the A24 motorway. There are plenty of parking lots in Hamburg. Most hotels have their own parking lots. The city centre has plenty of multi-storey car parks as well as Park & Ride spaces at numerous train stations. There are also many free parking spaces in the city districts.
Our Online-Citymap has an overview of parking lots and multi-storey car parks in the Hamburg city centre, harbour, fish market and the trade fair halls.
Parking management system
If you travel by car to the city centre, the arenas or the airport, take advantage of the dynamic parking guidance system. It provides information about how full the nearby car parks and parking areas are and always displays the current number of free parking spaces.
Park & Ride
Arrive relaxed and on time at your destination. Distributed over the entire HVV public transport area are more than 122 underground, suburban and regional train stops with Park&Ride facilities. They have over 19,400 parking spaces, which lets you can park your car comfortably and change to the train or bus. This is particularly good for long sightseeing days - and with the Hamburg CARD you not only have free travel by bus and train in Hamburg's city (fare rings ABCDE) as well as greater metropolitan areas, but also save up to 50% on over 150 attractions and offers.
Arrival via High Way
- A1 - East-West connection: Schleswig-Holstein (Heiligenhafen/Baltic Sea) - Hamburg - Lower Saxony - Bremen - North Rhine-Westphalia - Rhineland-Palatinate - Saarland (Saarbrücken)
- A7 - Danish to Austrian border: Border crossing Denmark (Ellund/Flensburg) - Schleswig-Holstein - Hamburg - Lower Saxony - Hesse - Baden-Wuerttemberg - Bavaria - Border crossing Austria (Füssen)
- A23 - Heide (Schleswig-Holstein) - Hamburg
- A24 - Hamburg-Berlin-Connection: Hamburg - Schleswig-Holstein - Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania - Brandenburg
Arrival via National road
- B4 - East-West connection: Schleswig-Holstein (Bad Bramstedt) - Hamburg - Lower Saxony - Thuringia - Bavaria (Nuremberg)
- B5 - Danish to Polish border: Border crossing Denmark (Böglum/Sæd) - Schleswig-Holstein - Hamburg - Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania - Brandenburg - Berlin - Border crossing Poland (Frankfurt (Oder)/City Bridge)
- B73 - Cuxhaven (North Sea) - Hamburg
- B75 - Travemünde (Baltic Sea) - Hamburg - Bremen
- B431 - Meldorf (Schleswig-Holstein) - Hamburg
- B432 - Lübeck Bay (Baltic Sea) - Hamburg