“Travel for all” project
Information and partners in Hamburg
Since 2014, Hamburg Tourismus GmbH has been a collaborative partner of the German tourism institute Deutsche Seminar für Tourismus for the “Reisen für Alle” (Travel for All) project, an information and evaluation system that provides guests with independent assessments on the suitability of tourist activities and attractions in relation to their own particular needs.
Recognised throughout Germany, the “Reisen für Alle” mark of approval is based on extensive criteria to ensure high quality standards. Developed by tourist associations in cooperation with associations that represent the interests of affected people, it constitutes a sign of high quality for all our guests.
The reliable and detailed information in the system allows visitors to check the usability of specific tourist offerings and select the most suitable ones for them.
This comprehensive information regarding accessibility from businesses in the tourism sector allows guests to assess whether the activity they would like to do or the attraction they would like to visit corresponds to their individual needs.
Information intended specifically for the following user groups is reviewed and compiled in reports with pictures:
- People with limited mobility
- Wheelchair users
- People with hearing impairments
- Deaf people
- People with visual impairments
- Blind people
- People with cognitive impairments
The seal is based on the following principles:
- Specially trained investigators visit the companies and respective locations and ensure consistent quality and depth of information by using questionnaires that are valid throughout the country. This means that guests do not have to merely rely on company self-assessments as their primary sources of information.
- Extensive, verified information on accessibility and usability in relation to offers and locations is available for different groups of people.
- Trained employees work in the companies.
You can find more information about the data collection system at www.inclusivegermany.com.
“Travel for All” in Hamburg
Numerous hotels, museums, theatres, restaurants and other tourism service providers in Hamburg have been inspected according to the “Travel for All” system. Such establishments can be identified by way of the “accessibility tested” (“Barrierefreiheit geprüft”) mark of approval.
Institutions in Hamburg with the mark of approval can be found here.