1. What is the difference between the Hamburg CARD and the Hamburg CARD light?
Only the Hamburg CARD is valid as a ticket in all buses, trains and harbour ferries. With both cards you get up to 50% discount on more than 150 tourist offers, restaurants and cafés.
2. What is the difference between the Hamburg CARD and the Hamburg CARD plus Region?
The area in which the card is valid as a ticket for buses, trains and harbour ferries is different. See question 3.
3. Where can I travel with the Hamburg CARD free of charge by bus and train?
- Valid on all buses, trams and harbour ferries of the Hamburg Transport Association (HVV)
- Valid on U/S trains, buses, Metro buses, express buses, night buses and harbour ferries
- Valid without surcharge for any number of 2nd class trips
- Valid all day from 0:00 a.m. until 6:00 a.m. of the following day
There are differences between the Hamburg CARD, the Hamburg CARD Plus Region and the Hamburg CARD light:
- Hamburg CARD: Area Hamburg AB, which includes almost all tourism-relevant destinations including the airport.
- Hamburg CARD plus region: valid everywhere in the entire ABCDE area, e.g. also in Lüneburg
- Hamburg CARD light: not valid as ticket.
- Informations for Area Hamburg AB and Area Hamburg ABCDE
4. For how many persons is the Hamburg CARD valid?
- Group tickets are valid for up to 5 persons of any age.
- Single tickets are valid for 1 adult and up to 3 children under the age of 15.
- Children under the age of 6 generally travel free by bus and train. There is no Hamburg CARD for children.
5. When and for how long is the Hamburg CARD valid?
- The Hamburg CARD is valid per calendar day (not 24 hours) from 0:00 am until 6:00 am of the following day.
- There are 1-day, 2-day, 3-day, 4-day and 5-day tickets. The Hamburg CARD is always valid on consecutive calendar days.
- The card does not have to be invalidated because it is dated.
6. What advantages does the Hamburg CARD offer me? What can I save with the Hamburg CARD?
- With all buses, trams and harbour ferries in the Hamburger Verkehrsbund
- Full day, without surcharge, for any number of trips
- Up to 50% discount on over 150 tourist offers: Port, Alster and city tours, sights, museums, musicals, theatres, souvenirs and much more.
- 20% discount on food in restaurants and free extras or upgrades in cafes.
- Our tip: save € 5.00 per adult on the Great Harbour Tour or € 2.50 on city tours.
- Please note: Discounts are only granted on site and not in advance. The card must always be shown to staff before ordering, especially in restaurants and cafés. Some providers offer discounts for family and combination tickets and for children. A combination with other discounts is not possible.
7. Where can I buy the Hamburg CARD?
On location in Hamburg:
- Tourist Information Hamburg (Central Station, Port, Airport)
- HVV ticket vending machines, service points and buses
- Many Hamburg hotels, youth hostels and ticket offices
8. How do the mobile phone ticket and the online ticket for self-printing work?
You can receive the online ticket for self-printing directly as a PDF file by e-mail to print it out as a DINA4 ticket
You can receive the mobile phone ticket as an SMS directly on your smartphone and retrieve it via the link.
Both tickets are valid immediately and only for the date you have selected. For security reasons, they are personal and only valid in the presence of the person named (one name is entered per card - also for group cards). For technical reasons, they are generally excluded from exchange and return.
Please note that to use the mobile phone ticket, you need a fully functional, sufficiently charged smartphone at all times.
9. Does the Hamburg CARD have to be cancelled?
No, the Hamburg CARD does not have to be cancelled as it is dated.
10. How does the use of the StadtRAD with the Hamburg CARD work?
Simply register for StadtRAD Hamburg at www.stadtradhamburg.de/anmeldung/HamburgCard and enjoy particularly attractive conditions. As a Hamburg CARD holder, you save the € 5.00 annual fee. The first 30 minutes of each trip are always free of charge, after that you pay only € 0.06 per minute instead of € 0.08 and thus save 25%. If you have a smartphone, you can use the StadtRAD app to directly display the available bikes and stations in your area. With a few clicks you can rent your desired bike. Alternatively you can rent your bike by phone. Please note that you can only register for the reduced rate offer via the link above.
11. Is the Hamburg CARD transferable to other persons?
That depends on which ticket variant you buy: For transferable tickets, we recommend buying them at the Tourist Information at the main station and at all ticket machines. Online and mobile phone tickets are personal and non-transferable, see question 8.
12. Can I gift the Hamburg CARD?
Yes, you can gift the Hamburg CARD as a voucher. Click here for the Hamburg Voucher.
13. Where can I get more information about the Hamburg CARD? Who can I contact if I have any questions?
- On our Homepage
- In our flyer, which you can download here, and on the city map, which you can order here.
- If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by phone at 040-300 51 300.
- Information is also available at all sales outlets, see question 7.
14. Do I get a discount with the Hamburg CARD on already reduced admission prices?
No, unfortunately not. The discounts always apply to the standard price, and student or senior discounts, for example, cannot be further reduced. Discounts can only be received when purchasing at the venue. Simply present your Hamburg CARD and save money.