If you have always been eager to learn about the candy making process, then you should definitely visit the Bonscheladen in Ottensen.
Since November 2005 the employees work around the clock to develop new candy creations. Meanwhile, over 70 different handmade candies, also known as ‘Bonsche’, currently decorate their shop windows. Another feature, which makes the shop so special, is that you can watch the entire creative process, as a huge sugar mass is turned into stunning candies. Visitors can enjoy this offer every Tuesday to Friday at 4:15 p.m. and Saturday at 2:30 p.m.
Although the finished product is only ten centimetres thick and weights two grams, each piece of candy is created with a lot of love and attention to detail.
By working in numerous patterns in the candy the candies are therefore also known as `Rocks`. In the truest sense of the word, each creation is a fascinating masterpiece.
Hamburg CARD Discount
Short & Sweet
- Must-SeeFor whom sweet tooth & candy lovers
- Tip Anyone, who wishes to create their own candy can book their own Bonsche-Event (e.g. wedding or birthday) with a minimum of 10 participants
- Speciality handmade candies
- Selection Various candy creations, butterscotch candy,caramel confectionery (fudge) and roasted nuts.
- Get there with the bus lines 2 or 2888 to Friedensallee
- Time needed 1 hour
- Must-Try Bonschevent - make your own sweets!
- Must-See Show Production of the sweets