Train Special with Deutsche Bahn: Stuttgart to Hamburg
From the vineyards to the Fish Market: Travel with Train Special from Stuttgart to Hamburg and stay three nights in a hotel of your choice!
For a city weekend in Hamburg, Hamburg Tourismus offers the ideal travel package with Train Special: The offer includes a return trip with ICE trains and three nights’ accommodations plus other benefits with the Hamburg CARD. And the best thing is: Children up to 14 years of age travel with us for free!
Stuttgart - Hamburg
By train from Stuttgart to Hamburg: Probably the most comfortable way to travel from Swabia to the Hanseatic city is with the ICE. The intercity express leaves Stuttgart for Hamburg several times a day and takes - depending on whether you have a direct connection or have to transfer - e.g. in Würzburg, Mannheim or Göttingen, between five and six hours for the route. The fastest train is, of course, the direct ICE with no transfers! Normally, you arrive at Hamburg's main train station; some connections, however, go directly to Hamburg Altona or to Harburg. With the Train Special ticket you are flexible - select the connection that’s best for you!
With the Hamburg CARD, your personal explorer ticket for the Hanseatic city, you can also use every suburban train, bus or the HVV-ferry and thus check out Hamburg to your heart's content. In addition, you receive worthwhile discounts in many restaurants and attractions!
All information in brief
- Starting railway station: Stuttgart Hauptbahnhof, 70173 Stuttgart
- Destination station: Hauptbahnhof Hamburg, 20099 Hamburg
- Departure frequency: Several times per day Type of train: ICE/IC
- Duration of travel: Depending on the connection, between 05:00 and 06:00 hours,
- Transfer-/Waiting-times: None with direct ICE connection; with IC/RE several transfers possible (e.g. Mannheim/Göttingen/etc).