Train Special with Deutsche Bahn: Munich to Hamburg
From the Isar to the Elbe: Travel with Train Special from Munich to Hamburg and stay three nights in a hotel of your choice!
For a city weekend in Hamburg, Hamburg Tourismus offers the ideal travel package with Train Special: The offer includes a return trip with ICE trains and three nights’ accommodations plus other benefits with the Hamburg CARD. And the best thing is: Children up to 14 years of age travel with us for free!
Munich - Hamburg By train from Munich to Hamburg: Even if the schedules vary from day to day, there are connections from Munich to Hamburg at almost any time. Generally, trains from southern Germany travel to Hamburg hourly between 4 a.m. and 11 p.m.
The travel time may vary depending on the connection: Most of the direct ICE connections need about 5:30 hours for the route. Those who are not in a hurry can take up to 9:30 hours with various transfers and IC connections (that are also included in the price of the BAHNHIT ticket). Trips with over 12 hours of driving time are also possible, however, this applies above all to night connections - day travel is much faster.
With the Hamburg CARD, your personal explorer ticket for the Hanseatic city, you can also use every suburban train, bus or the HVV-ferry and thus check out Hamburg to your heart's content. In addition, you receive worthwhile discounts in many restaurants and attractions!
All information in brief
- Starting railway station: Munich Hauptbahnhof, Bayer Street 10a, 80335 Munich
- Destination station: Hauptbahnhof Hamburg, 20099 Hamburg
- Departure frequency: Between 4:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. at least one departure per hour: ICE/IC regional trains
- Duration of travel: Depending on the connection, between 05:30 and 12:30 hours,
- Transfer-/Waiting-times: Transfers possible in Frankfurt, Nuremberg, Aschaffenburg or Hanover. Waiting times can be between 20 minutes and 2 hours.