Train Special with Deutsche Bahn: Frankfurt/Main to Hamburg
From "Mainhattan" to the world’s gateway: Travel with Train Special from Frankfurt am Main to Hamburg and stay three nights in a hotel of your choice!
For a city weekend in Hamburg, Hamburg Tourismus offers the ideal travel package with Train Special: The offer includes a return trip with ICE trains and three nights’ accommodations plus other benefits with the Hamburg CARD. And the best thing is: Children up to 14 years of age travel with us for free!
Frankfurt am Main - Hamburg
By train from Frankfurt am Main to Hamburg: Frankfurt's skyline is certainly unique, but Hamburg, with its Elbphilharmonie, Speicherstadt, Michel and much more has many architectural highlights to admire. And also its musicals, harbour and city centre are well worth a visit! You can experience all this comfortably and flexibly with our Train Special! An ICE train travels from Frankfurt to Hamburg at least once an hour, and only takes 3:30 hours to arrive. In addition, there are several ICE and IC connections that require transfers and take longer. However, you can travel comfortably from Frankfurt to Hamburg at almost any time of the day!
With the Hamburg CARD, your personal explorer ticket for the Hanseatic city, you can also use every suburban train, bus or the HVV-ferry and thus check out Hamburg to your heart's content. In addition, you receive worthwhile discounts in many restaurants and attractions!
All information in brief
- Starting railway station: Frankfurt (Main) Hauptbahnhof, Am Hauptbahnhof, 60327 Frankfurt/Main
- Destination station: Hamburg Main Station, 20099 Hamburg
- Departure frequency: Hourly: ICE/IC Duration of travel: Between 3.5 and 5 hours depending on the connection
- Transfer-/Waiting times: Direct ICE connection without transfers, or connections with transfers, for example in Fulda or Kassel-Wilhelmshöhe
- Waiting Time: 20-30 minutes