Waitzstraße with its 84 shops and service providers is a must for all shopping fans.
Almost 1,000 inhabitants lived in the village of Groß Flottbek around 130 years ago. The former village has now long been a popular district of Hamburg. This is largely due to the “Waitze”, a shopping street with a lot of shops. You can buy everything a shopper’s heart could desire here. Yet the passageway has not lost any of its original cosiness.
Short & Sweet
- For whom Shopping fans, who find Mönckebergstraße too busy
- Fun fact The street is named after the politician Georg Waitz
- Time required 1-2 hours
- Special There is a small Christmas market here in winter
- How to get there S1, S11 to Othmarschen
- Good-to-know The traffic situation has relaxed again after months of transformation of Waitzstraße and the surroundings