Theatre & Directions
For the perfect arrival
The Stage Operettenhaus is located in the heart of St. Pauli on the Reeperbahn, in the immediate vicinity of the "Dancing Towers". A moving story is concealed behind this name. Opened in 1841 as "Circus Gymnasticus", it was renamed to "Central-Halle" about 25 years later and in 1920 to "Operettenhaus Hamburg". Neither destruction during the war nor any other ups and downs have prevented the house from maintaining its firm place in the cultural scene. Be inspired by this modern and at the same time traditional house. It has a modern foyer on two levels, whose large window front offers an exciting view of the famous Reeperbahn.
- By public transport / HVV: S-Bahn lines S1, S2 or S3 to Reeperbahn stop; U-Bahn line U3 to St. Pauli stop; bus lines 112, 36, 37 to St. Pauli stop
- By car A7 from the north: Take the Stellingen exit onto Kieler Straße towards Centrum/Altona, Hafen. At the intersection S-Bahn Reeperbahn turn onto Reeperbahn. The Stage Operettenhaus is on the right at the end of the Reeperbahn. A1 from the north or south: Motorway junction Hamburg Süd onto the A255 over the Elbbrücken towards the Centrum. Straight via Amsinckstraße, Willy-Brandt-Straße, Ludwig-Erhard-Straße to Millerntor (subway St. Pauli). The Stage Operettenhaus is on the left at the beginning of the Reeperbahn.
- Parking: Fee-based multi-storey car parks or free parking spaces in the immediate vicinity, e.g. at the Millerntor/Heiligengeistfeld.
- Admission: 1.5 hours before show starts
- Important security information: Please plan to be at the theatre approximately one hour before the performance in order to avoid longer waiting times at the security checkpoint and to ensure that you can be seated at your leisure.