Theater an der Elbe
For the perfect arrival
Your musical experience begins with a boat trip across the Elbe. On the opposite bank after your "short harbour tour", the brand new Stage Theater an der Elbe and a unique view of Hamburg's skyline await you. The new theatre is an architectural jewel. Its exterior features 10,000 shiny stainless steel shingles and a glass façade up to twelve metres high. Inside, the two-storey foyer with open gallery, appealing bars and contemporary art invites you to linger; the highest niveau of musical artistry will unfold in the beautiful hall with 1,850 seats.
- By public transport / HVV: S1 and S3 to the Landungsbrücken stop. Underground line U3 to the Landungsbrücken stop (not barrier-free).
- By boat: Regular departures from St. Pauli Landungsbrücken/Brücke 1 starting two hours before the performance; for afternoon shows starting one hour before the performance. The last ferry will return to the Landungsbrücken 1.5 hours after the performance. Use only the ships with the illuminated sign "HADAG Musical Shuttle Service"; not all ships go to the theatre.
- By car (A7 from south or north): Exit at Waltershof/Hafen, turn right on Finkenwerder Straße, turn left on Köhlbrandbrücke. Continue along the Köhlbrandbrücke and Roßdamm road. Behind the Ellerholzbrücke turn left on Reiherdamm. Continue over the Argentinienbrücke, follow Reiherdamm and then turn right on Nordersand.
- By car (A1 from the south or west): From the A1 take the A255 towards Hamburg-Centrum. Behind the Elbbrücken follow the signs to the right. Turn right into Baakenwerder Straße. After approx. 30 m turn right into Versmannstraße. Follow Versmannstraße, Freihafen-Elbbrücke, Rampenstraße, Am Saalehafen, and Veddeler Damm. After approx. 4 km turn right towards Steinwerder on Reiherdamm. Continue over the Argentinienbrücke, follow Reiherdamm and then turn right on Nordersand.
- Parking: Fee-based on-site parking (flat rate € 6 for 6 hours).
- Entrance: 1,5 hours before show starts
- Important security information Please plan to be at the theatre approximately one hour before the performance in order to avoid longer waiting times at the security checkpoint and to ensure that you can be seated at your leisure.