Performances on this stage are based on novels; in this manner, they become much easier to understand. Many unique performances are presented here. This house is known for its literary models and historical material. After an eventful history and several moves, it is at home today in the centre of Altona.
Hardly any other theatre is as representative of its city quarter while simultaneously radiating a powerful charisma well beyond the city of Hamburg.
Performances like “Measuring the World”, “Mephisto” or “The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared” are only some of the popular performances of the well-known theatre. But it also stands out as a lodestar of its quarter due to the wide range of genres it presents, including comedies, current and modern pieces, musicals and famous classics. This has allowed it to attract theatre-goers of all ages for many years. Visitors can expect unforgettable experiences here and highly varied programmes.
Hamburg CARD Discount
With Hamburg CARD, Hamburg CARD Local, Hamburg CARD Premium or Hamburg CARD Premium Plus
15% discount at the box office
Short & Sweet
- For whom Culture-lovers and theatre-goers
- Refreshments Cafe Oelsner offers beverages and culinary treats
- Time needed 2 to 3 hours
- Nearby The Platz der Republik is located very close to the theatre as well as the wonderful Altona Rathaus
- How to get there S1, S11, S3, S31 to the Altona station
- Good-to-know Wednesdays, tickets for pupils and students up to 27 only cost €5