Welcome to the Baltic Sea region!
About the ONE Baltic Sea region project:
ONE BSR Project is an umbrella project for branding the Baltic Sea Region (BSR), with which various stakeholders can get attached. It aims to produce elements for the Baltic Sea Region image and identity.
- Vision: To increase the Baltic Sea Region competitiveness by branding it as one unity
- Mission: To pool resources in attracting investors, tourists and talents to the region, to increase people’s interest in the common good of the Baltic Sea Region
- Objectives: To market the whole region and its different parts by developing joint promotional services and test them in practice, to make positive publicity of the BSR lifestyles and to encourage the “we-feeling” of the Baltic Sea Region
- Project duration: 9/2012 – 9/2014
- Budget: 3 MEUR
- Funding: European Regional Development Fund, INTERREG IVB, Baltic Sea Region Programme 2007-2013
- Project Lead Partner: City of Helsinki
Hamburg Tourist Board is coordinating partner for the work package “tourist promotion”. The specific aim of the work package is to generate an increase in the overnight stays from the US market to the BSR by getting more US tour operators to offer BSR roundtrips. Partners are the cities of Helsinki, Warsaw, Riga and St. Petersburg.
Click here for more information on the project: www.onebsr.eu
Discover the metropolises!
The Baltic Sea Region comprises eleven European nations with more than 100 million inhabitants. These nations share many historical ties: in pre-Christian times, the Amber Road ran along the coastline of the Baltic Sea. During the middle ages, merchant guilds founded the Hanseatic League, which ruled over the sea trade routes in the Baltic region. Even today, the nations of the Baltic Sea Region are a part of this important cultural and historic heritage.
Experience real European history in the most exciting cities in one of the most beautiful natural areas in Europe.
The common ONE BSR Destination Guide offers information on five amazing Baltic Sea metropolises: Hamburg, Helsinki, Riga, St. Petersburg and Warsaw.